Once you get your hands on a metal cupcake stand, resisting the urge to fill it with delicious cupcakes is almost impossible. While you could go with a boxed mix and premade frosting, why not go the extra mile?
Baking cupcakes and making frosting from scratch isn’t as hard as you’d think. If you want to have the most delectable confections for your metal cupcake stand, here’s what you need to do.
Choosing a Metal Cupcake Stand
If you want to make sure your cupcakes are magnificently displayed and completely accessible, then you need to invest in a high-quality metal cupcake stand. By going with a galvanized 3-tier tray, you can have beautiful layers of cupcakes that save space.
Plus, galvanized cake stands add rustic charm and are incredibly durable. The brilliant surface stands up to wear and tear with ease, making it a stunning backdrop for delectable desserts.
By choosing a 3-tier galvanized stand with raised sides, you can also place your cupcakes and move the tray. The sides keep the tasty treats from falling off, giving you the ability to move your display should the need arise.
It can also be wise to go with a larger stand with ample trays. Not only can you fit more cupcakes, but it also gives you space for some additional decorations or helpful items, like napkins in a stand.
Cupcake and Buttercream Ingredients
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter – softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs – large
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 cups confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
- 1 ¼ cup (2 ½ sticks) butter- room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. whipping cream
Cupcake Baking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Take two muffin tins and place cupcake liners
- Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each one added
- Add vanilla and beat to combine
- In a bowl, use a whisk to combine flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt
- Slowly add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ones, beating consistently until fully combined
- Add milk, mix to incorporate
- Slowly add remaining half of the dry ingredients, mixing until combined
- Take the batter and fill each cupcake liner ¾ full
- Place in oven and back until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean (about 25 minutes)
- Remove cupcakes (in the liners) from pan
- Let cupcakes cool
- Fit paddle onto a stand mixer
- Cream butter in mixer on low until smooth
- Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, working to incorporate
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes
- Add vanilla extract and 1 tbsp. whipping cream, beat
- Add more cream if needed to reach spreading consistency
Decorating Your Cupcakes
Once the cupcakes are cool, you can decorate them. If you try to add frosting when the cupcakes are still warm, it can melt, so patience is a must.
Along with frosting, you can use a variety of other decorations. Sprinkles can be a fun addition, and they are readily available. You could also go with mini chocolate chips or peanut butter cups, small berries, or nearly anything else that works well with vanilla.
If you’re feeling a bit adventurous, consider adding some edible flowers or herbs from your windowsill planter. A sprig of mint or basil can be a fun, unexpected addition, for example. Rosemary can also work well with vanilla, as long as you don’t go overboard.
Arranging Cupcakes on Your Metal Cake Stand
Once your cupcakes are decorated, position them on the tiers of the metal cupcake stand. Start at the bottom and work your way up. As you place each cupcake, make sure there is space between it and the next one. That way, someone can easily reach in and pick it up without bumping the others with their fingers.
After you have the cupcakes in order, you can add more decorations, if you’d like. This could include springs of fresh herbs, small figurines, edible flowers, or anything else that catches your eye. Your goal is to create a breathtaking display. When you do, your cupcakes will be as enticing as possible.
If you’re interested in serving tray sets make sure to check out Bison Home Goods shop by clicking here.
P.S. Did this post on how to Fill Your Metal Cupcake Stand with Delectable Cupcakes help you?
We would love to hear about it in the comments section below!
Like it? Share it!